Shanghai Electric acquired Yumen Xinneng 50MW Beam-down tower CSP Project Owner
2018.08.08 From: CSP Focus光略咨询
Yumen Xinneng 50MW molten salt tower CSP plant was officially selected as one of China 1st batch of CSP pilot projects in September 2016. It is the only pilot project taking innovative beam down CSP tower technology.
Suzhou Thvom Technology Co., Ltd (shorted as Thvom) occupied 85% share of the project. And recently as Thvom announced, Shanghai Electric, China leading power energy state-owned company, acquired some stock equity of Thvom and became the biggest shareholder with 15% stock capital.
As CSP Focus reported earlier, Shanghai Electric was awarded the EPC contractor of the well-known Dubai 700MW CSP parabolic trough + tower project. This acquisition is actually a further step for Shanghai Electric to develop solar power business in China and abroad.
With total investment of RMB 1.78 billion, Yumen Xinneng 50MW molten salt tower CSP project takes beam-down CSP technology with 15 mirror field modules, each module consists of 17MWth solar filed and one beam-down tower, totaling 50MWe. Also one 9-hour molten salt thermal storage system & steam turbine set are included in the project.
The project broke ground in July 2017, and news said that the No.1 Module had taken shape, the whole project is expected to be finished by December, 2018.
Take a look on the development and progress:
● June, 2018, No.1 Module completed, heliostats installation finished.
● April, 2018, steam turbine foundation started, and No.2-5 modules started construction.
● Dec.7, molten salt thermal electricity storage system started construction.
● Dec. 4, 2017, heat exchanger bidders announced & steam generator bidding restarted.
● Nov. 28, 2017, molten salt bidding opened.
● 2017, the first solar collecting system module commissioning to be finished.
More details on the project, please visit:
And you are welcome to join the upcoming CSP Focus Innovation 2018（Oct.25-26, China） conference, where you may get more fresh news on the project and technological innovations on CSP system and key components.
Click to get brochure of CSP Focus Innovation 2018（Oct.25-26, China） and register before Aug.23 to SAVE USD 200.
Free ReportsSee more+
● Analysis of impacts on LCOE for STE plants ● Analysis of impact factors on production of SUPCON Delingha 10MW plant ● Plan and progress of SUPCON 50MW CSP demonstration project
Content1. Progress of first batch of CSP demonstrations 1.1 Approvedprojectsasdemonstrations 1.2 Implementation & adjustment 1.3 primary reasons for projects progress has been less than expected2. Development prospect of CSP in China 2.1 Objective of Energy Development 2.2 Power Development Prediction 2.3 the role of CSP plant in electric system 2.4 DNI resource in China
13 key concentrated solar power projects in China undergoing:Shouhang Dunhuang 100MW Molten Salt Parabolic Trough ProjectRoyal Tech Yumen 50MW Parabolic Trough ProjectDCTC Dunhuang 50MW MS CLFR ProjectRayspower Yumen 50MW Trough ProjectCNNC Royal Tech Urad 100MW Parabolic Trough ProjectSupcon Delingha 50MW Molten Salt Tower ProjectLuNeng Haixi 50 MW Solar Thermal Tower Plant ProjectPower C
1. Project Overview 2. Technology & Design--Beam-down molten salt tower CSP technology 3. Project Owner & Investment 3.1 Project Owner 3.2 Investment 4. Project Development and Construction Progress 4.1 Project Schedule 4.2 Project Participants
Upcoming EventsSee more+
Project UpdatesSee more+
Asia Pacific-China，Under construction，Power Tower