Shanghai Electric acquired Yumen Xinneng 50MW Beam-down tower CSP Project Owner
2018.08.08 From: CSP Focus光略咨询
Yumen Xinneng 50MW molten salt tower CSP plant was officially selected as one of China 1st batch of CSP pilot projects in September 2016. It is the only pilot project taking innovative beam down CSP tower technology.
Suzhou Thvom Technology Co., Ltd (shorted as Thvom) occupied 85% share of the project. And recently as Thvom announced, Shanghai Electric, China leading power energy state-owned company, acquired some stock equity of Thvom and became the biggest shareholder with 15% stock capital.
As CSP Focus reported earlier, Shanghai Electric was awarded the EPC contractor of the well-known Dubai 700MW CSP parabolic trough + tower project. This acquisition is actually a further step for Shanghai Electric to develop solar power business in China and abroad.
With total investment of RMB 1.78 billion, Yumen Xinneng 50MW molten salt tower CSP project takes beam-down CSP technology with 15 mirror field modules, each module consists of 17MWth solar filed and one beam-down tower, totaling 50MWe. Also one 9-hour molten salt thermal storage system & steam turbine set are included in the project.
The project broke ground in July 2017, and news said that the No.1 Module had taken shape, the whole project is expected to be finished by December, 2018.
Take a look on the development and progress:
● June, 2018, No.1 Module completed, heliostats installation finished.
● April, 2018, steam turbine foundation started, and No.2-5 modules started construction.
● Dec.7, molten salt thermal electricity storage system started construction.
● Dec. 4, 2017, heat exchanger bidders announced & steam generator bidding restarted.
● Nov. 28, 2017, molten salt bidding opened.
● 2017, the first solar collecting system module commissioning to be finished.
More details on the project, please visit:
And you are welcome to join the upcoming CSP Focus Innovation 2018（Oct.25-26, China） conference, where you may get more fresh news on the project and technological innovations on CSP system and key components.
Click to get brochure of CSP Focus Innovation 2018（Oct.25-26, China） and register before Aug.23 to SAVE USD 200.
Free ReportsSee more+
Sheet1: Projects Applying for China 2nd Batch of CSP DemonstrationsSheet2: Projects Located in Hami Applying for China 2nd Batch of CSP Demonstrations
1. CONCENTRATED SOLAR POWERIN THE MENA REGION 1.1 An introduction to ConcentratedSolar Power (CSP)2. HOW IT WORKS?3. CSP PROJECTSIN THE MENA REGION 3.1 Shams 1 Project 3.2 Noor Ouarzazate & Noor Midelt4. CHALLENGES TO DEPLOYMENT 4.1 Project Costs and Supply Chain 4.2 Lack of Funding to Support R&D 4.3 Financing and Project Risk5. HOW TO OVERCOME THESE CHALLENGES?6. WHAT DOES THEFUTUR
1. Introduction: Abengoa at a glance2. STE Abengoa References: Main Achievements3. CSP LCOE Evolution: STE LCOE Evolution main relevant countries4. EPC cost in a STE power plant 4.1 Tower technology 4.2 Parabolic trough technology5. Specific cases and scheme for Abengoa in China 5.1 Haixi Luneng Molten Salts Tower Technology 50 MWe, Qinghai 5.2 Yumen East Town Parabolic Trough Technology 50 MW
● Analysis of impacts on LCOE for STE plants ● Analysis of impact factors on production of SUPCON Delingha 10MW plant ● Plan and progress of SUPCON 50MW CSP demonstration project
Upcoming EventsSee more+
Project UpdatesSee more+
Asia Pacific-China，Under construction，Power Tower