Shouhang Dunhuang 100MW Molten Salt Tower CSP Project<BACK
● On May, 13th, 2017, structural construction of administration building finished;
● In Nov, 2016, field leveling workstarted, core component procurement and main work construction began;
● On Nov, 9th, 2015,construction started;
● In 2014, project design began;
● In Jan. 2018, solar field construction to be finished;
● In Mar. 2018, solar island to be finished;
● In June. 2018, steam generator to be installed;
● In Aug. 2018, to be connected to the grid.
Shouhang Dunhuang 100MW Molten Salt Tower CSP Plant（hereinafter referred to as “the project”） is one of the 1st batch of 20 pilot CSP projects in China and being developed with a steady progress. Belonging to the second phase of Shouhang’s Dunhuang CSP plan (Phase one 10MW completed), the project is the largest molten salt tower CSP plant during construction period in China and its equipped solar field will be the largest one in the world when it’s completed.
Solar Industry Park, inthe west of Qili Town, Dunhuang
CNY 3 billion
Annual generating capacity
Solar field area
12, 300, 00 sq. m.(Over 12,000 heliostats; tower height: 263 meters)
Developer and investor: Beijing Shouhang IHW Resources Saving Technology Company Ltd (Shouhang)
In 2014, Shouhang started commercialized CSP project development and entered into scale industry stage. Shouhang devotes into systematic R&D of concentrator system, receiver, thermal energy storage system, heat exchange system and thermal electricity integration control system. By now, Shouhang successfully achieved small and middle size testing systems for tower, Parabolic Trough and dish CSP projects.
Main participants and biding situation:
The main raw materials of the project are steel, aluminum product and glass, which are purchased from domestic suppliers by bidding. Core components as heliostat, control device, receiver and air cooling system are provided by Shouhang. Ensival Moret, Flowserve, GE, Siemens and Man are part of the key suppliers of the remaining equipment.
Solar field & heliostat
Designed by Shouhang and produced by China
Storage and transport system of molten salt
Ensival Moret（Purchased by Sulzer）、Flowserve
(Molten salt pump and value provider)
Salt dissolving equipment, Molten salt
Air cooling system
Subsidiary facilities as electric and water treatment
Latest NewsSee more+
The University of São Paulo in Pirassununga (see photo) is about to get its own field of heliostats on campus. Once completed, the sea of mirrors will focus sunlight onto a receiver connected to an Organic Rankine Cycle system. The heat transfer fluid will be ambient air. The ORC turbine ‘waste’, hot water at 90 °C, will be directed to a nearby abattoir. The demonstration plant is part of SMILE, which is short for Solar-Hybrid Microturbine Systems for Cogeneration in Agro-Industrial Electricity and Heat Production.
Winter clouds may help the Mojave Desert bloom but they can be a burden for concentratedsolarpower (CSP), Energy Information Administration figures show.
U.S. Secretary of Energy Rick Perry announced up to $105.5 million to support America’s continued leadership in energy innovation through solar technology. Under the Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO), DOE will fund about 70 projects to advance both solar PV and concentrating solar thermal power (CSP) technologies, as well as facilitate the secure integration of those technologies into the nation’s electricity grid. Funding will also support efforts that prepare the workforce for the solar industry’s future needs.
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) in September awarded the contract to build the 700-megawatt (MW) project in Dubai costing $3.87 billion to ACWA Power and China’s Shanghai Electric.
Free ReportsSee more+
• Dubai CSP Project Introduction • SEC Integrity Solution for CSP • Cost Control&Supply Chain Optimization
• Basic Informationof Project • Project Construction Scheme • Project Construction Progress • Questions & Thinking
● SGS-steam generation system for CSP plant ● SGS configuration for thermal oil and molten salt CSP plant ● Solar tower receiver for direct steam or molten salt tower CSP plant ● 50MW SGS3 steam generation system for Godawari Green Energy Limited, India ● Aalborg CSP technology and projects
● Project Overview ● Technology & Design ● Project Owner & Investment ● Project Development and Construction Progress