Shouhang Dunhuang 100MW Molten Salt Tower CSP Project<BACK
● On May, 13th, 2017, structural construction of administration building finished;
● In Nov, 2016, field leveling workstarted, core component procurement and main work construction began;
● On Nov, 9th, 2015,construction started;
● In 2014, project design began;
● In Jan. 2018, solar field construction to be finished;
● In Mar. 2018, solar island to be finished;
● In June. 2018, steam generator to be installed;
● In Aug. 2018, to be connected to the grid.
Shouhang Dunhuang 100MW Molten Salt Tower CSP Plant（hereinafter referred to as “the project”） is one of the 1st batch of 20 pilot CSP projects in China and being developed with a steady progress. Belonging to the second phase of Shouhang’s Dunhuang CSP plan (Phase one 10MW completed), the project is the largest molten salt tower CSP plant during construction period in China and its equipped solar field will be the largest one in the world when it’s completed.
Solar Industry Park, inthe west of Qili Town, Dunhuang
CNY 3 billion
Annual generating capacity
Solar field area
12, 300, 00 sq. m.(Over 12,000 heliostats; tower height: 263 meters)
Developer and investor: Beijing Shouhang IHW Resources Saving Technology Company Ltd (Shouhang)
In 2014, Shouhang started commercialized CSP project development and entered into scale industry stage. Shouhang devotes into systematic R&D of concentrator system, receiver, thermal energy storage system, heat exchange system and thermal electricity integration control system. By now, Shouhang successfully achieved small and middle size testing systems for tower, Parabolic Trough and dish CSP projects.
Main participants and biding situation:
The main raw materials of the project are steel, aluminum product and glass, which are purchased from domestic suppliers by bidding. Core components as heliostat, control device, receiver and air cooling system are provided by Shouhang. Ensival Moret, Flowserve, GE, Siemens and Man are part of the key suppliers of the remaining equipment.
Solar field & heliostat
Designed by Shouhang and produced by China
Storage and transport system of molten salt
Ensival Moret（Purchased by Sulzer）、Flowserve
(Molten salt pump and value provider)
Salt dissolving equipment, Molten salt
Air cooling system
Subsidiary facilities as electric and water treatment
Latest NewsSee more+
Last year, right after graduating from college, Hajar Abjeg left her vibrant hometown of Agadir on the west coast of Morocco to live in the middle of the desert in Ouarzazate. A newly minted engineer, her goal was to work at the sprawling solar complex on the outskirts of the city because, she said, it was the future.“What’s exciting for me about this plant (is) that we use a resource that’s ta
With Dubai’s clear ambition of becoming the most sustainable city in the world by 2050, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) paves the way for leadership in sustainable living. To learn from markets with world-class sustainability activities, a delegation of leading Danish companies are currently visiting the country where Aalborg CSP’s solar expertise is set to present a proven solution to the UAE’s
Concentrating solar power offers a built-in energy storage benefit that makes 24/7 solar-powered electricity possible. The downside is thatCSP plants are enormous, complex operations, and now an international research team wants to add a solar fuels contraption to the mix, which could be applied to a water-splitting system for producing renewable hydrogen. The question is, why?Why CSP + Hydrogen?
Scientists at Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in the city havedeveloped a super critical carbon dioxide Brayton test loop facility that would help generate clean energy from future power plants includingsolar thermal. This is India’s first test-bed for next generation, efficient, compact, water-less super critical carbon dioxide Brayton cycle test loop for power generation. The technology is p
Free ReportsSee more+
• Basic Informationof Project • Project Construction Scheme • Project Construction Progress • Questions & Thinking
● SGS-steam generation system for CSP plant ● SGS configuration for thermal oil and molten salt CSP plant ● Solar tower receiver for direct steam or molten salt tower CSP plant ● 50MW SGS3 steam generation system for Godawari Green Energy Limited, India ● Aalborg CSP technology and projects
● Project Overview ● Technology & Design ● Project Owner & Investment ● Project Development and Construction Progress
● Overview ● Progress—9 Power Tower projects ● Progress—7 Parabolic Trough projects ● Progress—4 Linear Fresnel projects ● Attachment: List of 1st batch 20 CSP pilot projects announced by NEA in Sept. 2016