CSP Focus China Tour 2017
Registration / Get brochureTIME：2017.11.05-14
China CSP Projects -- Now and Future
It is well known that China government had approved 20 demonstration CSP projects with FiT at RMB 1.15/kWh, and the total capacity 1.349 GW, which made China another engine for global CSP development. As was required in the 13th Five Year Planning of RE Development, another 3.65GW CSP capacity needs to be deployed within 2020, when the world CSP capacity will be doubled. And it is really an exciting and challenging task for the local industry peers. According to some insiders close to National Energy Administration, the governing body for energy project deployment, more CSP capacity will be planned in the following decade (2020-2030).
● Status quo of the 1st round of 20 pilot CSP Projects
The success of the first round of 20 demonstration CSP projects is critical for the deployment of the following 3.65GW. Below is the list of those who had started construction and made some progress in the past year.
● China Local CSP Value Chain
The local value chain for China CSP industry has been getting mature through the fast development of the past decade. The local companies are able to produce almost all the key equipment and materials including receivers, molten salt, heliostats, concentrators, mechanical & hydraulic drives, control equipment for DCS, and glass reflecting mirrors. The total investment of those companies reached RMB 4.18 billion (USD 698 million).
● Where is the potential cooperation opportunities between China local and international CSP companies?
CSP is relatively new in China, and the local developers and EPC contractors did not have any experience and reference in CSP, especially in the development and construction of commercial CSP plant. So there is a huge demand of cooperation with overseas CSP companies, in some field such as project development, engineering and design,EPCM, O&M, etc.
Biggest opportunities for overseas companies in China CSP market
What to expect in these TEN days' tour to SIX cities?
● Get insight of CSP roadmap and future project allocation before 2030
● Network with developers and EPC contractors of the on-going CSP projects
● Witness the status quo of the manufacturing capacity of local CSP industry
● Explore the mutual cooperation between China and overseas CSP players
Companies and CSP projects to be visited
● China National Solar Thermal Alliance, discussion on policy trend, local industry chain development, R&D cooperation potential, etc.
● Shouhang IHW Energy Saving, the project developer of 10MW+100MW CSP Tower project in Dunhuang, the EPC contractor of CGNSED 50MW PT project in Delingha.
● Shouhang IHW 10+100MW molten salt tower CSP plant in Dunhuang, West China. The 1st phase of 10MW plant is Asian 1st molten salt tower CSP plant which could operate 24 hours per day.
● Rayspower, the developer of Rayspower Yumen CSP project, 50MW Parabolic Trough plant with storage.
● North China Power Engineering, the leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China.
● NWEPDI Northwest Electric Power Design Institute, another leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China, EPC contractor of Hami 50MW molten salt tower CSP project.
● Zhejiang Supcon Solar, the developer of 50MW Supcon Delingha molten salt tower CSP plant, and completed China 1st commercial CSP project.
● Shanghai Electric Central Academy, one of the leading CSP R&D institute in China, focusing on the R&D on molten salt tower receiver and heliostats design.
● Jiangsu Xinchen, the developer of 50MW beam down tower CSP project in Yumen.
● Royal Tech CSP, the developer of two CSP plants, 50MW and 100MW each; and the receiver tube manufacturer in China.
● United Energy Storage Technology Ltd., TES system integrator in China.
Upcoming EventsSee more+
Free ReportsSee more+
With total capacity of700MW, Luneng Haixi Geermu Multi-energy Complement Integration OptimizationPilot Project consists of 200MW PV, 400MW Wind, 50MW CSP and 50MW energystorage system. Updating--Jan., 2019 Edition1. Overview (P2)2. Highlights (P2)3. Fast sheet (P3)4. Project Milestones (P4)5. Project Participants 5.1. Developer (P5) 5.2. Owner&Investor (P5) 5.3. EPC Contractor (P5)
13 key concentrated solar power projects in China undergoing:Shouhang Dunhuang 100MW Molten Salt Parabolic Trough ProjectRoyal Tech Yumen 50MW Parabolic Trough ProjectDCTC Dunhuang 50MW MS CLFR ProjectRayspower Yumen 50MW Trough ProjectCNNC Royal Tech Urad 100MW Parabolic Trough ProjectSupcon Delingha 50MW Molten Salt Tower ProjectLuNeng Haixi 50 MW Solar Thermal Tower Plant ProjectPower C
Saudi Arabia significantly increased its renewable energy targets and long term visibilityMEIM and PIF are working on complemenrary tracks to promote localization of manufacturing5 wind and 3 solar segments can potentially be localized in the short to medium term in KSAProjects will be deployed in 35+ parks spead across the KingdomParks are being pre-developed to boost projects bankability and ex
Nov-2018 Edition Part 1: Background and Fact Sheet(P1) 1.1 Technologies of China CSP Pilot Projects (P2) Chart 1: Technologies of China CSP Pilot Projects (P3) 1.2 Locations of China CSP Pilot Projects (P5) Chart 2: Locations of China CSP Pilot Projects (P6) 1.3 Ownership of China CSP Pilot Projects (P7) Chart 3: Ownership of China CSP Pilot Projects (P8) 1.4 Developer, EPC Contractor and Technology Provider (P9) Chart 4: Developer, EPC Contractor and Technology Provider of China CSP Pilot Projects (P10)
Latest NewsSee more+
The 50MW CSP plant was started construction on June 30, 2017, and now entering construction peak period in spite of the freezing winter. It is expected to be operational in months this June 2019.
Abstract.After three years of low growth and an increase in global costs, the announcement and implementation of the Chinese demonstration programme for concentrating solar power (CSP) has changed the outlook for the technology from gloomy to better than ever. Here, we analyse the Chinese CSP strategy, its drivers, and its effects on CSP industry and costs in China and globally. We find that the C
Johan Lilliestam: How CSP expertise moves from nation to nation as development is incentivizedAs China closes in on doubling today’s entire total global capacity of Concentrated Solar Power (CSP), a new paper, The Dragon Awakens: Will China Save or Conquer Concentrating Solar Power? analyses the potential impact that the nation’s ambitions, and record-low costs, might have on global CSP – both
Global Concentrated Solar Power capacity is forecast to grow by 87%, or 4.3 GW, in 2018-2023, the International Energy Agency (IEA) said in its Renewables 2018 report published in October. This represents 32% faster growth than in 2012-2017.This baseline scenario includes 1.9 GW of new capacity in China, 1 GW of new projects in Morocco and South Africa, 1 GW in the Middle East and the remainder in
Project UpdatesSee more+
Asia Pacific-China，Under construction，Power Tower
Asia Pacific-China，Under construction，Power Tower