CSP Focus China Tour 2017
Registration / Get brochureTIME：2017.11.05-14
China CSP Projects -- Now and Future
It is well known that China government had approved 20 demonstration CSP projects with FiT at RMB 1.15/kWh, and the total capacity 1.349 GW, which made China another engine for global CSP development. As was required in the 13th Five Year Planning of RE Development, another 3.65GW CSP capacity needs to be deployed within 2020, when the world CSP capacity will be doubled. And it is really an exciting and challenging task for the local industry peers. According to some insiders close to National Energy Administration, the governing body for energy project deployment, more CSP capacity will be planned in the following decade (2020-2030).
● Status quo of the 1st round of 20 pilot CSP Projects
The success of the first round of 20 demonstration CSP projects is critical for the deployment of the following 3.65GW. Below is the list of those who had started construction and made some progress in the past year.
● China Local CSP Value Chain
The local value chain for China CSP industry has been getting mature through the fast development of the past decade. The local companies are able to produce almost all the key equipment and materials including receivers, molten salt, heliostats, concentrators, mechanical & hydraulic drives, control equipment for DCS, and glass reflecting mirrors. The total investment of those companies reached RMB 4.18 billion (USD 698 million).
● Where is the potential cooperation opportunities between China local and international CSP companies?
CSP is relatively new in China, and the local developers and EPC contractors did not have any experience and reference in CSP, especially in the development and construction of commercial CSP plant. So there is a huge demand of cooperation with overseas CSP companies, in some field such as project development, engineering and design,EPCM, O&M, etc.
Biggest opportunities for overseas companies in China CSP market
What to expect in these TEN days' tour to SIX cities?
● Get insight of CSP roadmap and future project allocation before 2030
● Network with developers and EPC contractors of the on-going CSP projects
● Witness the status quo of the manufacturing capacity of local CSP industry
● Explore the mutual cooperation between China and overseas CSP players
Companies and CSP projects to be visited
● China National Solar Thermal Alliance, discussion on policy trend, local industry chain development, R&D cooperation potential, etc.
● Shouhang IHW Energy Saving, the project developer of 10MW+100MW CSP Tower project in Dunhuang, the EPC contractor of CGNSED 50MW PT project in Delingha.
● Shouhang IHW 10+100MW molten salt tower CSP plant in Dunhuang, West China. The 1st phase of 10MW plant is Asian 1st molten salt tower CSP plant which could operate 24 hours per day.
● Rayspower, the developer of Rayspower Yumen CSP project, 50MW Parabolic Trough plant with storage.
● North China Power Engineering, the leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China.
● NWEPDI Northwest Electric Power Design Institute, another leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China, EPC contractor of Hami 50MW molten salt tower CSP project.
● Zhejiang Supcon Solar, the developer of 50MW Supcon Delingha molten salt tower CSP plant, and completed China 1st commercial CSP project.
● Shanghai Electric Central Academy, one of the leading CSP R&D institute in China, focusing on the R&D on molten salt tower receiver and heliostats design.
● Jiangsu Xinchen, the developer of 50MW beam down tower CSP project in Yumen.
● Royal Tech CSP, the developer of two CSP plants, 50MW and 100MW each; and the receiver tube manufacturer in China.
● United Energy Storage Technology Ltd., TES system integrator in China.
Upcoming EventsSee more+
Reports(Member Only)See more+
Join CSP Focus Membership to Get the Latest CSP Focus Monthly Update December Edition.
CSP Focus is presenting CSP Project (China) Update 2022 December Edition.Detail report is available for CSP Focus Membership.
The Report is for CSP Focus Members only.
The Report is for CSP Focus Members only
Latest NewsSee more+
2022 Annual Power Generation Exceeding the Design Value -- SUPCON SOLAR Delingha 50MW Molten Salt Tower CSP Plant Sees Another Good Year
The total annual cumulative actual power generation of the SUPCON SOLAR Delingha 50MW Molten Salt Tower CSP Plant in 2022 was 146.4 GWh, i.e. 100.26% of the designed annual power generation (146GWh), completing yearly target.The plant has been operating in good conditions. As shown in the monthly power generation in Figure 1, it has 124 days seeing a completion of 100% of the designed generation.
On November 29 (Dubai Time), the Trough Unit No. 1 facility of Shanghai Electric’s 700MW solar thermal and 250MW photovoltaic solar power plant in Dubai has successfully achieved grid-connected electricity generation, marking a significant milestone along the path of the firm’s entry into the renewable energy sector. The facility is already delivering top-notch technical parameters and reliable
The plant, which will use lenses or mirrors to focus a large area of sunlight onto a receiver, is due to be operational by 2027 and is the flagship renewable project in government’s Integrated Resources Plan (IRP) for energy development in the years to 2040.On Tuesday, the Ministry of Minerals and Energy published a shortlist of four bidders who include major global players with thousands of mega
Project Construction Supervision Bidding- POWERCHINA Ruoqiang 100MW CSP + 900MW PV ProjectOn Nov. 14, POWERCHINA Renewable Energy Co., Ltd issued a tender announcement for the construction supervision of the POWERCHINA Ruoqiang 100MW CSP + 900MW PV Project. According to the announcement, the owner of POWERCHINA Ruoqiang 100MW CSP + 900MW PV Project is POWERCHINA Ruoqiang Ruida Energy Development C
Project UpdatesSee more+
Asia Pacific-China，Operational，Parabolic Trough
Asia Pacific-China，Operational，Power Tower
MENA-UAE，Under construction，Power Tower
Asia Pacific-China，Operational，Power Tower