CSP Focus China Tour 2017
Registration / Get brochureTIME：2017.11.05-14
China CSP Projects -- Now and Future
It is well known that China government had approved 20 demonstration CSP projects with FiT at RMB 1.15/kWh, and the total capacity 1.349 GW, which made China another engine for global CSP development. As was required in the 13th Five Year Planning of RE Development, another 3.65GW CSP capacity needs to be deployed within 2020, when the world CSP capacity will be doubled. And it is really an exciting and challenging task for the local industry peers. According to some insiders close to National Energy Administration, the governing body for energy project deployment, more CSP capacity will be planned in the following decade (2020-2030).
● Status quo of the 1st round of 20 pilot CSP Projects
The success of the first round of 20 demonstration CSP projects is critical for the deployment of the following 3.65GW. Below is the list of those who had started construction and made some progress in the past year.
● China Local CSP Value Chain
The local value chain for China CSP industry has been getting mature through the fast development of the past decade. The local companies are able to produce almost all the key equipment and materials including receivers, molten salt, heliostats, concentrators, mechanical & hydraulic drives, control equipment for DCS, and glass reflecting mirrors. The total investment of those companies reached RMB 4.18 billion (USD 698 million).
● Where is the potential cooperation opportunities between China local and international CSP companies?
CSP is relatively new in China, and the local developers and EPC contractors did not have any experience and reference in CSP, especially in the development and construction of commercial CSP plant. So there is a huge demand of cooperation with overseas CSP companies, in some field such as project development, engineering and design,EPCM, O&M, etc.
Biggest opportunities for overseas companies in China CSP market
What to expect in these TEN days' tour to SIX cities?
● Get insight of CSP roadmap and future project allocation before 2030
● Network with developers and EPC contractors of the on-going CSP projects
● Witness the status quo of the manufacturing capacity of local CSP industry
● Explore the mutual cooperation between China and overseas CSP players
Companies and CSP projects to be visited
● China National Solar Thermal Alliance, discussion on policy trend, local industry chain development, R&D cooperation potential, etc.
● Shouhang IHW Energy Saving, the project developer of 10MW+100MW CSP Tower project in Dunhuang, the EPC contractor of CGNSED 50MW PT project in Delingha.
● Shouhang IHW 10+100MW molten salt tower CSP plant in Dunhuang, West China. The 1st phase of 10MW plant is Asian 1st molten salt tower CSP plant which could operate 24 hours per day.
● Rayspower, the developer of Rayspower Yumen CSP project, 50MW Parabolic Trough plant with storage.
● North China Power Engineering, the leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China.
● NWEPDI Northwest Electric Power Design Institute, another leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China, EPC contractor of Hami 50MW molten salt tower CSP project.
● Zhejiang Supcon Solar, the developer of 50MW Supcon Delingha molten salt tower CSP plant, and completed China 1st commercial CSP project.
● Shanghai Electric Central Academy, one of the leading CSP R&D institute in China, focusing on the R&D on molten salt tower receiver and heliostats design.
● Jiangsu Xinchen, the developer of 50MW beam down tower CSP project in Yumen.
● Royal Tech CSP, the developer of two CSP plants, 50MW and 100MW each; and the receiver tube manufacturer in China.
● United Energy Storage Technology Ltd., TES system integrator in China.
Upcoming EventsSee more+
Free ReportsSee more+
13 key concentrated solar power projects in China undergoing:Shouhang Dunhuang 100MW Molten Salt Parabolic Trough ProjectRoyal Tech Yumen 50MW Parabolic Trough ProjectDCTC Dunhuang 50MW MS CLFR ProjectRayspower Yumen 50MW Trough ProjectCNNC Royal Tech Urad 100MW Parabolic Trough ProjectSupcon Delingha 50MW Molten Salt Tower ProjectLuNeng Haixi 50 MW Solar Thermal Tower Plant ProjectPower C
Sheet1: Projects Applying for China 2nd Batch of CSP DemonstrationsSheet2: Projects Located in Hami Applying for China 2nd Batch of CSP Demonstrations
1. CONCENTRATED SOLAR POWERIN THE MENA REGION 1.1 An introduction to ConcentratedSolar Power (CSP)2. HOW IT WORKS?3. CSP PROJECTSIN THE MENA REGION 3.1 Shams 1 Project 3.2 Noor Ouarzazate & Noor Midelt4. CHALLENGES TO DEPLOYMENT 4.1 Project Costs and Supply Chain 4.2 Lack of Funding to Support R&D 4.3 Financing and Project Risk5. HOW TO OVERCOME THESE CHALLENGES?6. WHAT DOES THEFUTUR
1. Introduction: Abengoa at a glance2. STE Abengoa References: Main Achievements3. CSP LCOE Evolution: STE LCOE Evolution main relevant countries4. EPC cost in a STE power plant 4.1 Tower technology 4.2 Parabolic trough technology5. Specific cases and scheme for Abengoa in China 5.1 Haixi Luneng Molten Salts Tower Technology 50 MWe, Qinghai 5.2 Yumen East Town Parabolic Trough Technology 50 MW
Latest NewsSee more+
Chinanow is commonly recognized as one of the most promising emerging markets for global concentrated solar power (CSP) industry. The situation and progress of the 1st phase of 20 pilot CSP projects is one of the most eye-catching issues which the industry players are looking at. As CSP Focus keeps reporting, the overall execution of the 20 CSP pilot projects is relatively lower than expected, and
Instead of running air conditioners on fossil-fueled electricity, University of Bergamo researchers Guiseppe Franchini and Antonio Perdichizzi propose an alternative cooling technology; using a thermal form of solar energy to provide solar district cooling in the Saudi Kingdom.Their study of the economics of solar district cooling was published at Energy Conversion and Management, in Performance p
Triumphant news keeps pouring in for 2018 China CSP industry.CGN Solar’s Delingha 50MW PT project has been proclaimed to be commercial operational on October 10, making China the 8th country who owns large-scale CSP technology. Also,2 solar tower projects are expected to be operational by the end of this year. One of them is Shouhang’s 100MW molten salt tower plant. The plant is under commission
New software combining dispatch algorithms with probabilistic forecasting could reduce CSP bid prices by a quarter and spur fresh U.S. CSP deployment, Mike Wagner, Principal Investigator at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), told New Energy Update.Optimized dispatch of CSP plus storage is set to reduce maintenance costs and increase market revenues. (Image credit: WangAnQui)On Octobe
Project UpdatesSee more+
Asia Pacific-China，Under construction，Power Tower